Experience will tell you how your face suddenly brightens up the moment you wear lipstick. It completes your pretty picture. Considering the shade of your clothes, the correct selection of lipstick colour is of utmost importance. Lipstick adds so much of cheer to your face, and everything looks well with you. In fact very rarely can one have a defective mouth which holds very little promise of improvement, even by the modern aids of beauty and cosmetics.
Lipstick has to be used most carefully and neatly to get the best results. You cannot afford to use it in a casual manner. The outline should be neat and well-defined. Do not give any one the feeling that you have dressed in a hurry, or that you do not know how to apply lipstick, or even that you could not care less; it is just a formality you have to fulfil. Always work with patience when applying it on. You need a very good brush, and a few lipsticks covering the basic colours, like soft reds, pinks, purplish pinks, hues of orange, and, of course, a white lipstick.
1. For thin lips, use lighter shades.
2. For full lips, use darker shades.
3. For the day, use lighter shades.
4. For the night, use darker shades.
5. For complexions which are not fair, very light shades should be avoided completely.
HOW TO APPLY LIPSTICK
1. Your lips should be clean and dry.
2. Draw and outline with a brush, and fill up. If for some reason you find this difficult, then first fill up, leaving the out-line clear, and then with the help of the brush make the outline neat and extend the lipstick to wherever you have chosen it to be.
3. Blend evenly.
4. Lustrous lipsticks should not be blotted, as this would lose half their lustre.
5. For added sheen use lip-gloss, which looks very attractive at night?
6. Always wipe off the old lipstick if you have to do running repairs to your to your make-up and then apply the fresh coat. Otherwise, it will give a flaky finish to your lips. Besides, the tiny flaky skins cling to your lipstick, will remain embedded in it, and you can never have a smooth finish if you use that lipstick again. If by mistake you find something on your lipstick, wipe it off with a tissue, but very gently.
7. Make use of your dark lipsticks by first applying the rejected dark shade, and then applying the white one, blending it evenly. You will be surprised to get such a lovely shade, and in an economical way.
Thin Lips; Increase the thickness by covering a little of the area outside the lips in a gradual. Curving line, on the upper and lower lips. Use lighters hades.
Thin upper lip Extend the lipstick in a gradual curve on the upper lip only, and to the extent to which it gets balanced with the lower lip.
Very Full mouth with tight corners; Increase the width of the upper and lower sides in a gradual, natural cure. Use lighter shades.
Thin Lower Lip; Increase the thickness of the lower lip by extending the lipstick beyond the lower lip in a natural curve.
Sharp Bow Mouth with Narrow Corners; Round up the sharp arch of the bow, and widen along the sides of the upper and lower lip to avoid a sharp curve.
Large, full Lips; Keep lipstick inside the lips. Keep the corners sharp and neat. Use darker shades.
Small mouth; Extend the corners and apply outside the lips. Use lighter shades.
Drooping Corners; lift the corners of the mouth. Use darker shades.Tags: lipstick colour, thin lips